I am a consultant at ThoughtWorks where I have a few roles – internal software development, sometimes tech lead, and regional security champion for Australia.
I try to demystify security, encryption, and digital privacy by facilitating cryptoparties, privacy workshops, and other privacy-related events in Australia.
I also organise a community of technologists who care about privacy and digital rights called Hack for Privacy. Some of our activities are Melbourne-based meetups, and Brisbane- and Melbourne-based Internet Freedom Hack events, where technologists come together to create and contribute to open source tools that advance digital rights.
- How much data does Facebook have on you? ABC 7:30 Report, Apr 2018
- What is metadata, and how do you maintain your privacy? SBS News, Oct 2015
- Breaking Encryption for Dummies [video]
- Attacks on Encryption, Brisbane, Oct 2017
- Practical techniques for whistleblowers to defend themselves in a hostile digital world [abstract]
- Still Hacking Anyway, Netherlands, Aug 2017
- Functional programming in the enterprise [video]
- RedBubble Tech Talk, Melbourne, Aug 2015